About Me

My photo
31deg29'26.87" N. 65deg50'11.93" E., Asia Minor, Azerbaijan
Everything that could possible happen between people happens during photography. It’s cool to see life thru a lens and play out on that stage over and over again. For me photography is a chance to peek in the human condition a little bit and see what makes people human and too see what makes them tick. It could be love, hate, stress, fear or anything for that matter but I have seen it through photography. I love it and I have to see that real burn out. If I saw photography as a job then I would get burnt out. I love to see a different way on how to understand people and even the relationships between people. Seeing so much beauty, emotion and action in photography made me open my eyes. Every day and ever place I walk I see something I can capture with a camera. I am always making notes and creating my own Rolodex of ideas. When I photograph, I document life happening before my eyes. It’s dynamic, fluid, and I must react to what’s happening before me to capture its essence. I love the problem solving and the hunt that comes along with photography.

Unborn Dream


Unborn Dream
By: Ben Altenes – Najaf, Iraq – 10 Dec, 2010

I dedicate this writing to a person I will one day meet in heaven. I also dedicate this to my sister! I won’t ever be able to fathom what she is going through, but I know that this unborn dream will Be a gift and also a trial for her and her husband. It’s a strange thought to imagine something so Real yet something that will be so far away. Time will heal – Thoughts will feel. The One thing I and I hope my family will see and feel and realize, is that there is another fabulous being Amongst our family above. This child will not miss out on the love it would have been shown just by its location. Much love to you Rachel and Paul, and to our unborn dream watching us all from above!





Hey Baby, Its uncle Ben
To a face that warms my heart
To what all I know is something special
To what I know still continues to grow

As now I will live my life forever day dreaming
Of all the magnificent things you have
Your mother will really miss you
As I will miss you too

I will imagine holding you in my arms
As I shower you with love
Etched in my mind are motorcycle rides
And the possible destinations
You and I would have reached

As the days pass and grow into years
Make sure you look down on the two
Who created you!
Watch over them

I will look for you in everything
– the clouds, sky, dark night, and flickering light
just a glimpse of you in my dreams
– just a quick sight

I will look upon you
As an UNBORN DREAM
Such a Precious Sight

Given birth out of a whisper
Warmed sweetly by a voice of Hallelujah
to form into a butterfly.
I will dream of the little devil in you..
Climbing on the trees
of withering hopes, spread on both sides of the ocean

You are not my own
but one of me
still I dream a little dream.

I will see your first steps upon glass.
Clear water beneath.Crystal Sound within.
A dream in shape,and infinite joy.
I will dream of your first dance lesson.
An infant statue moving at ancient rhythms
with an apple on top of your head.

Your eye lashes
baring the weight of a perfect future,
while your fingers play with the black curls
of your hair ,such innocence !

You are not my own,
But one of me
Of whom I will still dream a little dream.

Every breath
is now a piece of a perfected soul,
that is singing, laughing and playing

To the Unborn Dream

I would have tried to find you
as you play between the sheets.
As if
there was no morning.

I was never able to hold you
Or rock you to sleep,
Before God took you
Home in Heaven to keep.

Some might say I couldn’t love you
Since you are not here, or even mine,
If that is so, why do I shed these tears?

To the Unborn Dream

Life will continue at its own normal pace,
Without me ever seeing your beautiful face.
My niece or nephew, in Heaven above
Look down onto earth and feel Uncle Ben-Jamin’s love.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones