About Me

My photo
31deg29'26.87" N. 65deg50'11.93" E., Asia Minor, Azerbaijan
Everything that could possible happen between people happens during photography. It’s cool to see life thru a lens and play out on that stage over and over again. For me photography is a chance to peek in the human condition a little bit and see what makes people human and too see what makes them tick. It could be love, hate, stress, fear or anything for that matter but I have seen it through photography. I love it and I have to see that real burn out. If I saw photography as a job then I would get burnt out. I love to see a different way on how to understand people and even the relationships between people. Seeing so much beauty, emotion and action in photography made me open my eyes. Every day and ever place I walk I see something I can capture with a camera. I am always making notes and creating my own Rolodex of ideas. When I photograph, I document life happening before my eyes. It’s dynamic, fluid, and I must react to what’s happening before me to capture its essence. I love the problem solving and the hunt that comes along with photography.

40 years.... Dan and Shirly Altenes



40 years together

40 & more in Love

All those hardships together

All that push & shove

Nothing comes from nothing

Nothing ever did

Many were the challenges

Many the rewards

Friends & relatives nearby

Friends & relatives gone

Family that is growing, each with

Family of their own

What held it all together?

What is there still now?

Love

Some build their dreams in brick

Some build their dreams in stone

Some build a dream together

Some build their dreams alone

You build your dreams in hearts & minds

In a place you can be sure

No matter what goes on about

They always will endure.

Thanks for always being there together for all of us kids. Thanks for the travels and experiences all over the world. Cheers to both of you! Love you both tons....

Happy 40th Mom and Dad.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones